Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Book Thief

We were given the reading list for ffth year in english a few weeks ago, and my english teacher gave us the task of chosing one book from the list and reading it before easter. The first difficulty I encountered was actualy chosing a book, as there were so many that I'd like to read. Some girls in my class recommended 'The Book thief' to me and I had began reading it some time before but had found it very hard to get into. I decided it was a good reason to attempt it again so I started the other day and I am now on page 135 :D You may think that's good progress but this book has nearly 600 pages! :L
It's a really interesting story, it's set during the second world war, about a young foster child named Liesel. In an unnconventional twist, death narrates this story, but I think this gives it a unique touch. I'm enjoying it so far, and I''l keep you posted as to how it's going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment