Friday, April 8, 2011

Hotel Rwanda


In religion we've been studying the Rwandan genocide the last couple of weeks, and as part of that study we have watched 'Sometimes in April' and 'Hotel Rwanda' which are both films dealing with the genocide. I had never heard about this issue before, and my ignorance was only highlighted when I realised how recent it has been, as it only happened in 1994.
The movies we watched dealt with the conflict between the Hutu's and the Tutsi's and the UN's attempt at intervention. It was shocking to see how many innocent victims were killed and the films were definitely moving. I think it's really important to educate young people in the history and current affairs of the world.

2 comments:

  1. this article will help in a great extent to people. I thank for sharing such an article that make more people familiar with this topic.
    Holiday in Spain

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of post is very rare.. its so hard to seek a post like this. very informative and the contents are very Obvious and Concise .I will look more of your post
    Hotel Booking Barcelona

    ReplyDelete